WIND launches its own streaming TV service
First Android TV set top box in Greece, integrates Netflix
WIND revealed today its own streaming TV service, WIND Vision, showcasing a set of innovations for the Greek market.
“It’s an absolutely new way to experience TV” said Nassos Zarkalis during a Press Conference held to announce WIND’s entrance in the pay TV market. The Chairman and CEO of WIND Hellas stressed the technology innovations behind WIND Vision as well as the premium content of the service.
“We worked hard for more than one and half year in order to offer a new, absolutely different way to experience TV and video content. WIND Vision is a new TV experience that brings together a wealth of on demand streaming content, traditional TV channels and user generated video content, into an open platform, a unique user interface that integrates innumerous entertainment options and connects users to the content of their choice, on demand, in a multiscreen mode” he said.
WIND Vision combines the latest technology features in streaming services with premium content.
Unique technology features
WIND Vision offers the most elegant and simple set top box in the Greek market, for a truly easy set up and use experience. The equipment is practically a plug and play solution that connects to the TV with a single cable.
WIND Vision introduces new unique features to the market:
- A home screen that integrates all content options, easy to access with one remote control
- 4K analysis and HDR 10 (ten) technology for a high tech viewing experience
- Exclusive program guide featuring 3 different ways to navigate all content
- Multiscreen functionality so that customers can take their entertainment virtually anywhere, on their TV screen, smartphone or tablet, watching different content on different screens
- Upgrades on demand viewership with new functionalities such as 7 – days catch up and restart
- Turns any smartphone to a remote control thanks to WIND Vision app
- Offers Bluetooth connection with peripherals such as gamepads, wireless earphones and speakers, etc.
The first Android TV in Greece
Partnering with Google, WIND Vision is the first Android TV service in Greece. This means that WIND Vision turns all TV’s into Smart TVs, offering seamless access to all Google services, such as
- Google Play Movies for movies on demand
- Popular music apps like Spotify, Tunein, Google Play Music
- Google play Games
- And more than 3.000 apps available on Google Play store
As an Android TV streaming service, WIND Vision integrates exclusive features such as Chromecast that allows the customer to simply throw content from his smartphone to the big screen and voice search, so that he can easily find the content he wants.
The only pay TV in Greece to integrate Netflix
Netflix, the world's leading internet entertainment service, is now available through WIND Vision home screen as WIND’s streaming service is the first and only platform in Greece to integrate Netflix in its user interface.
“We are announcing today a key partnership with Netflix, a global entertainment industry leader that offers users a universe of great content of movies and TV series. We are proud that Netflix has partnered with WIND VISION in the Greek market, acknowledging the innovation features of our service. We will soon announce more aspects of this strategic partnership” said WIND’s CEO, Nassos Zarkalis.
WIND Vision customers may enjoy more than 140 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films offered by Netflix, in 4K ULTRA HD and with Greek subtitles and menu.
Customers may buy WIND Vision on line at www.wind.gr, or visit any WIND store throughout the country, Public retail stores and Kotsovolos retail stores.